Back to School Lunch Bag ...

Good morning! It's the start of a new month, and that means we have a NEW Challenge starting today at the Scor-Pal Blog.



I turned the Scor-Pal Backpack Tutorial into a Lunch bag. I used the basic design as shown in the Tutorial, and made it my own (I was inspired by my daughters lunch bag). I went with classic black and red cardstock with petite white polka dots. The Black cardstock I use is perfect for making 3D projects, and the red is the last of my stash from A-Muse Studios. I added a gusset pocket to the front of the bag so you can put a little note inside of it, and embellished it with a flower. I used a decorative punch for the corners of the bag.


Basic Grey Large Magnet was used to hold the bag closed ... strips of Velcro or Removable Glue Dots would also work. I added black mesh-like ribbon to the sides to represent mesh for putting those drinks in ... you can also add this feature to the Backpack if you make one.

Instead of have Backpack straps I created a handle for the top of the bag, and placed Black Enamel Dots to each side of the handle for decorations. You could use brads for this area also.

Here are a couple more pictures showing different views of my Lunch Bag.
Scor-Pal Products used while making my Lunch Bag

My great niece just started Kindergarten, and is going to be a big sister in a couple of days also. I'll be sending this to her with a little note, and some goodies inside. This would also be a cute idea for a Teacher Gift.

I hope you stop by for more information about this months Scor-Pal More than One Score Challenge #41 ~ Bags & Boxes, and join in the FUN. While you are there, consider hitting the "Follow" Button to stay up-to-date on everything Scor-Pal!

Comments

Oh how I love this bag and how your going to give it to your niece...congratulations....love the bag...tfs...
kahaulani said…
WOW!!! fabulous school bag!! thank you for joining us at Craftaholics R Us DT elecia
Maura said…
Ruza, this is one adorable school bag! I love the fun polka dots you used and the black trim adds a great touch! So cool! Thank you for sharing your awesome project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura
Lori Turner said…
Thank you so much for sharing your lunch bag with us over at 4 Crafty Chicks...so cute!!

Lori
4 CC DT
Janis Lewis said…
So cute! Thanks for sharing at Craftaholics R Us.
~Owner/DT Janis
So pretty! Thank you for joining us this week! Craftaholics R Us DT
Patti J said…
What a fun project, Ruza! I love the happy red polka dots! I have a stash of that Amuse cardstock left, too - love it! Beautifully done!