MFT Lighthouses ...

Good evening. This is my 2nd post today so please scroll down to see my Inky Impressions Release Post.

After getting my laundry started today I cleaned up my craft area since they share the same room. Once the cleaning was done I decided to create some cards for Operation Write Home, and used the current MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch #215 as my inspiration.

Card #1 ...

Your Love Lights the Way
Card #2 ...

You Light up My Life
I used the MFT Lighthouses stamp set to create both cards. I bought the set last year with OWH in mind to create masculine cards. I looked in the MFT store to link the set, but it looks like it might be a discontinued item. The colors aren't exactly masculine. However, I love this combination of MFT Wild Cherry and Lemon Drop.

My coloring medium today is a combination of Faber-Castell Gelatos and Art Grip Aquarelle Pencils. One was colored just with the Gelatos. After stamping the lighthouse with Stazon Black Ink onto Strathmore Mixed Media paper, I applied my coloring medium and then used water to blend it all together. Once done, each image was cut out with my Nestabilities Circles die and layered on Bazzill Blue cardstock that was cut out with my Nestabilities Petite Scallop Circles die.

I used 2 of the sentiments from the set and stamped them on Glasine Paper using the Stazon Black Ink. Once done, they were cut out with my MFT Horizontal Stitched Strips Die-Namics, and poped on using either foam tape or Pop Up Glue Dots. I added YNS Gumdrops to cover the adhesive.

Now how about a look at the sketch ...


I appreciate you stopping by today.
Until next time ... Enjoy!


Comments

Allie Gower said…
I love your cards!
I am not familiar with the Glassine paper - is it like acetate?

I entered the sketch challenge too!
http://bit.ly/1v1RbZe

Allie
Chaska Card Company
Jill said…
Ruza-your coloring w/ these mediums is dynamite--wow!! So great of you to send your creations to OWH. thanks for joining us on the MFT sketch challenge! :)
Susan R. Opel said…
Fantastic work, Ruza! And for such a worthy cause, too.