Be My Valentine

My son asked if I could make a Valentine's Day card for him to give to his fiance, and this is what I came up with.

This was a fun card to make.  After coloring Deacon on his swing with copic markers I cut him out using my Fiskars Fingertip Blade. The Plaid Heart is a left over from the Valentine's I made for my daughter's classmates.  I just used an embossing brush with Studio G Chalk to give it the redish/pink color.  The Hearts Roller stamp was not as easy to use as I thought it would be when I made that purchase a couple of months ago.  Not sure I like how that part of the card turned out.  I layered the plaid heart and Deacon on top of a chipboard heart, which I left white, and wrote the sentiment by hand around the edges.

I'm submitting this card for the Off the Wall Craftiness Challenge #44, and the Catch the Bug - Anything Goes Challenge.

OTWC Inspirational Picture

Products used ...
Stamps:  Bugaboo DigiStamp called Deacon Swing,
Ink A Dink A Do Hearts/Roller, and Northwoods Plaid Heart
Paper:  Bazzill, Archiver's, and Paper Studio
Ink:  Stazon Blazing Red, Copic Markers, Copic Multiliner SP 0.35, and Studio G Chalk
Other:  Darice Heart Chipboard Tag
Tools:  Fiskars Fingertip Blade, Quickie Glue Pinpoint Roller Pen,
Darice Embossing Brush, and Adhesive

Here’s to hoping that my design provides you with some inspiration to go forth and create!

Comments

Unknown said…
I love that your son requested you make a card for his fiance, so sweet. Love the swinging Valentine, and the sentiment is perfect.
~Tammy~ said…
What an adorable card and what an honor that your son wanted his mom to make a card for his fiance! You know that is love for both you and her!!! Thanks for sharing such a special card with us this week at OTWC and Good luck! :-)
Catherine said…
Thank you for joining us at Catch the Bug with Bugaboo Stamps this week ! Your card is absolutely adorable ! Love the background !
Jaclyn Miller said…
I like the background, it looks kinda grungy. Cute image too. Thanks for playing at OTWC.
Amy said…
LOVE how you hung him from the cloud. Great idea. Thanks for joining Bugaboo's challenge
Amy Kolling said…
What an adorable card! And for a sweet reason! Thanks for playing along with OTWC this week!